My and Me
Small Things CATS
- cat adoptions
- newer used books
- cat themed gifts and kitsch
- cat cafe
Basic Counseling Skills...
Great Jobs for Grads...
is concerned with helping new grads, and people wanting a career change, to get well-paying, meaningful, exciting work. See www.greatjobsforgrads.weebly.com.
is a two semester program to help college and university students do well in school and get a leg up in getting a job. www.universitysuccess.weebly.com
My Favourite Mission...
Soymilk offers nutrition for children in North Korea
A Little Bit About Me, Jan Carrie Steven
- married to Laurence Steven and have four adult children - Anna, Tom, Carolyn and Elaine - plus one son-in-law, Neal. Anna and Neal have a baby daughter, Emma, who is my granddaughter.
- webmistress of "Small Things"
- a Registered Social Worker with a Masters in Humanities; until recently, I worked part time at Laurentian University's counseling and support program.
- both a Mennonite and Methodist and in the past I have served as a lay preacher and pastoral care visitor at All Peoples United Church in Sudbury.
- a volunteer for our local pound - trying to promote adoptions and shelter diversion
- a lover of reading and writing. In the past I have had columns in our local newspapers and currently have a blog
- a letter writer for Amnesty International
- a vegan
- a person who enjoys gentle exercise including walking, senior's exercise classes, yoga and zumba.